With 12,000 m2 Epirus Sports and Health Center is the largest and most comprehensive sports and wellness center in Greece. It was designed and built according to the latest construction standards and specifications and approved by the General Sports Secretary regarding safety and hygiene standards. A professional size football pitch as well as four indoor swimming pools (for swimming competitions, learners, baby swimming, and spa) are part of the facility.
This center required a vast variety of products and systems among different application fields: additives for mortar production, repair and protection products, waterproofing, tile adhesives, tile grouts and sealants. Solutions for the pools have to withstand permanent immersion in chlorinated water and contraction/expansion tensions.
A wide range of Sika solutions were applied for the construction of Epirus Sport and Health Center:
- Swimming pools: mortar mixes for the pools featuring high flexibility and increased watertightness as well as waterproofing and sealing of all construction joints.
- Tile setting: in pools, locker rooms and restrooms SikaCeram? tile adhesives were applied.
- Rigid bonding and anchoring: whenever there was a demand for increased adhesion between old and new concrete castings or rapid setting anchoring, our rigid adhesives were chosen.
- Concrete refurbishment: our Sika MonoTop? mortar series were applied for the restoration of the original dimensions of all concrete sections and elements as well as decorative elements and sections. The final exposed surface was protected with Sikagard? coating.
- Gutter and panel waterproofing: ?Sikalastic? liquid applied waterproofing membrane, reinforced with the glass mat Sika? Reemat Premium was applied.
Product Families Used
Sika? Minipack Waterplug
Sika? Reemat Premium
Petros Pappas & Kostas Papalambropoulos
Tile Bonding: Vasilis Markoulas,
Decorative Coatings Waterproofing: Giorgos Katsios